There are two different answers to this question. They both have a right to exist. The result depends on what we mean in general. Is we are talking about geniuses the result will be predictable and pure negative. Frames of the education system shouldn’t lock talented or gifted students and future geniuses. If we are talking about common rules and system that needs standard estimates, so grading will be the only one right answer. On the other hand, it works perfectly only for inconspicuous students. So, where is the line that can answer to the majority of students if academic grading helpful in performance? Let’s explore it and try to make a conclusion.
There is a list of beneficial features of grading
- Grading shows a common level of the subject. It is impossible to be a guru in something if you aren’t aware of previous knowledge. Usually, the lectors give to the exam general questions, so it is obvious to know them. Exactly this knowledge is a subject for evaluation. At the same time, when you need to write a paper it is often more challenging as there are no right answers. If you also find it challenging, it may be a wise decision to search for high-quality academic writing help online from time to time provided by professional writing companies.
- Academic grading is a stimulus for studying a lot. Because of the existing system, it is a simple answer to how to get a good job or a place in a quality university. You need to study a lot, and that is helpful in any case, and get a good grading score. Simple rules for a future job.
- We can discuss as much as we can, but no one proposed a system instead of grading. Every educated person believes that every system has positive and negative sides, but for many centuries, another system was not found and we actually don’t know how to live without scoring.
- Not all brilliant professors are great teachers. Their only way to catch your attention is to make you dependent on his grading. It is not good or bad, it is just a way of catching necessary attention.
There is a list of negative sides of grading
- Grading makes stress for students. They are so afraid to get a bad score that sometimes it leads to illnesses or breakdowns even during the exam. According to the fear of getting a bad score students, choose not hard subjects at university, because easy passing the exam will bring them a higher average score. That’s how students follow not the knowledge, but the graduation scores.
- Students try to catch exact questions for the test but not for the general understanding of the subject. That’s why, if exam questions composed separately from each other, A of F will not show the picture of general understanding of the subject. In fact, the largest employers in the world say that the meaning of score is falling day by day.
- Scores are made for feedback, but we don’t use it. Studying means getting new information and lectors must help students with this problem. Instead of it as an explanation, they give just a grade. It is wrong because it doesn’t bring you closer to the goal of understanding a subject. The grading works on relations between student and mentors even if they just speak the first time, but there was a grading before.
- Practical skills are not about grading. When you find your first job you can note that your knowledge is unnecessary and real life works on its own laws and rules, that have only a shadow common with knowledge from books.
There can be added some reasons, but in general, there can’t be one correct point of view if academic grading is good or bad. The only obvious thing is that grading can’t be a goal, it is only a resource for getting knowledge or a job of a dream. If you understand these rules, you can use all negative sides to your better and do your best according to the system.