These days ‘Maan ki Baat’ has become one of the most popular radio programs. It is addressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in which he shares his thought on different subjects with the people of India on radio and TV channels.
Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, addressed students who are about to appear in upcoming board exams to be held in coming months in ‘Mann ki Baat’. If any member of a family is appearing for the board exam, then entire family feels the burden. Whole family goes through the ordeal. The whole scenario near around is stressed. It includes parents, relatives and teachers. He emphasized that student should not take exams as a burden but take it as positive light to feel pleasure to avoid exam stress and associated anxiety. He focused on a few points that should be taken into consideration while appearing for exams.
- “Instead of chasing after marks, you should strive to gain knowledge” advised the PM. For better scoring he gave mantra “Smile More, Score More.” Aim for your mission, ambition and marks will follow you, he said.
- Exams which are held annually are for testing how one fared for the year not of a life time. Students should compete with themselves instead of competing with other students. Examination is not a way of measurement of success or failure in the life. Exams have very little to do with success or failure of life.
- PM advised to the parents of students appearing for exams to create a ‘festive environment’ in their homes, a feeling of happiness and enjoyment.
- PM Modi said that some students instead of spending time for preparing for exams, spend most of the time in finding ways for using unfair means during the exam. He warned them not to fall into the trap of cheating for clearing exams. Instead, he said they should put the same amount of efforts into studies. He questioned them “If you cheat, what will you teach your children?”.
- It is essential for the students taking exams to take proper rest, get adequate sleep, get involved in some physical activities and take short breaks during studies.
Concluding his ‘Maan ki Baat’ session PM told students to be confident about their ability and their preparations. Wishing students to perform well in the exams, he concluded his session.