Scholarships for Scheduled Castes provide financial help to the scheduled cast students at post-secondary or post matriculation stage to enable them to continue their education. Hence it is beneficiary to SC students.
Eligibility & conditions
- Scholarships are for the Indian citizens
- Scholarships for the students whose guardian/parent’s does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000 per annum
- Students who are not allowed to do a practice of medical course will be eligible
- Students completed their educational career in one professional line are not eligible
- Correspondence course students are also eligible (continuing and distant education)
- All children of the same guardian/parents can get the benefits of this scheme
Value of Scholarship
The value of scholarship includes the following for the complete duration of the course:
- Maintenance allowance
- Study tour charges
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees
- Thesis printing/typing charges for Research Scholars
- Book allowance for students pursuing correspondence courses
- Additional allowance for disabled students, for the complete duration of the course
- Book bank facility for specified courses
Must Read: State resourse centre scheme
Additional allowance for SC students with disabilities
- Reader allowance for blind scholars
|Level Of Course||Reader Allowance (Rs. Per Month)|
|Group I, II||240|
- Transport allowance up to Rs.160/- per month
- Escort Allowance of Rs.160/- per month
- Allowance of Rs.240/- per month for coaching
Scholars will be paid registration, games, library, tuition, union, medical examination, magazine, and such other fees are payable by the scholar.
It charges a maximum of Rs 1600 per annum.
Printing /thesis typing charges
It also charges a maximum of Rs 1600 per annum.