It is a Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) scheme implemented by of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) aimed at providing technical education for girls. Education plays a very important role in empowering women with skill, knowledge, and self-confidence. Pragati Scholarship scheme was started to give an opportunity to further education and conceive for a successful future. The main motto of this scheme is to provide technical education for empowering women.
Main features of Pragati scheme
- 2000 scholarships for diploma and 2000 scholarships for a degree, total scholarship 4000 per year.
- The student should be enrolled to 1st year of diploma/degree course in any of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved institution particular year through the centralized process of the central/state government.
- The scholarships for diploma and degree are transferable if a suitable applicant is unavailable in any of the diploma/degree level programme.
- Parents /in-laws income whichever is higher will be considered in case of a married girl.
- Selection of student will be based on the qualifying exam and made on the merit list.
- Reservation – 27% for OBC, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST applicant/candidate.
- Applicants are eligible to get an amount of Rs.30000 for types of equipment, books, software, desktop, laptop, vehicle and fee paid for competitive exam/forms.
Must Read: Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan – Sab Pade Sab Bade
Pragati Scholarship eligibility: Only two girls from a family are eligible whose family income not exceeding Rs. 8 lakhs per annum.
- Mark sheets of 10th and 12th others as applicable.
- Tuition fee receipt.
- For the preceding financial year, annual family income certificate issued by Tehsildar or any above rank officer which should be in a prescribed format.
- For the admission in degree/diploma course admission letter required which is issued by the Directorate of technical education.
- Certificate issued by the principal/director/head of the institute.
- Aadhar card linked bank passbook of the student showing photograph, account number and IFSC code.
- Caste certificate for OBC/SC/ST category.
- Aadhar card.
- Declaration by the parents stating that the information provided is correct and if found false at any state they will refund the scholarship amount.
Terms and conditions
Some terms and conditions that candidates look up-
- Only the applicants taken admission in the first year of diploma/degree can apply for the scholarship.
- The scanned copies of the applicant’s signature and passport size photo must be uploaded while filling the application form. The file size of the signature is not more than 50kb and for a photo not be more than 200kb.
- Students can login from here.
- Management quota students are not suitable for this scholarship.
- Students cannot use minor/joint/FRILL account; they must have a savings account.
- DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) is used to transfer the scholarship amount in the applicant’s bank account.
- Scholarships for diploma and degree can be transferable if an applicant is unavailable.
The above scheme is highly beneficial for girls who are looking for further studies. Pragati scheme for girls supports them for their bright future. It maintains the standard of technical education in our country. These government schemes are transforming India with education.