This scholarship is for specially-abled students. Saksham scholarship scheme started by the Ministry of Human Resource Development being implemented by of All India Council for Technical Education aimed at providing support and encouragement to specially-abled students to follow technical education. This scheme is an attempt for the specially-abled students to prepare for a successful future and to study further.
Features of Saksham scholarship
- 500 scholarships for diploma and 500 scholarships for degree, total 1000 scholarships per year.
- The scholarships for diploma and degree are transferable if a suitable applicant is unavailable in any of the diploma/degree level programme.
- The student should be enrolled to 1st year of diploma/degree course in any of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved institution particular year through the centralized process of the central/state government.
- Specially-abled student having disability more than 40% and family income less than Rs8 lakhs per year and in case of married girl the income of in-laws/parents is considered whichever is higher.
- Selection of student will be based on the qualifying exam and made on the merit list.
- This scheme is related to pragati scheme.
- The tuition fee of Rs 30,000 and Rs 2,000 for 10 months as secondary charges every year.
- Applicants are eligible to get an amount of Rs.30000 for types of equipment, books, software, desktop, laptop, vehicle and fee paid for competitive exam/forms.
- Reservation – 27% for OBC, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST applicant/candidate.
Documents required for Saksham scholarship
- Mark sheets of 10th and 12th others as applicable.
- For the preceding financial year, annual family income certificate issued by Tehsildar or any above rank officer which should be in a prescribed format.
- Disability certificate provided by the competent authority.
- For the admission in degree/diploma course admission letter required which is issued by the Directorate of technical education.
- Tuition fee receipt.
- Certificate issued by the principal/director/head of the institute.
- Aadhar card linked bank passbook of the student showing photograph, account number and IFSC code.
- Caste certificate for OBC/SC/ST category.
- Aadhar card.
- Declaration by the parents stating that the information provided is correct and if found false at any state they will refund the scholarship amount.
How to apply?
- An application form is available in the official site, which should be filled in the prescribed format.
- Applicants should attach required documents along with the attested scanned copies.
- PDF form of documents needed.
- Email on email@example.com.
Applicants who are financially sick can also take benefits of this scheme.
Students with a disability need more money for survival and this government initiative helps them in further studies. Many specially disabled students are talented but due to lack of money, they are unable to continue their studies. To help those needy students government started this scheme. Be sure before providing your details for saksham scholarship, if any detail found false you have to refund the scholarship amount.