Importance of time management for students can be very well described by this famous proverb:
“Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.”
Time management is important for students to do the study with focus. Time management is important for students to get high marks.
What is time management?
Time management can simply be defined as managing ourselves.
Time management is not getting more done in less time, it is getting fewer things done, but of greater importance, in the time that is available.
Each and everyone has 24 hours in a day and no one can shorten this or extend it. No one can influence time. Time is managed perfectly by itself. What we can do is manage ourselves in the time we have available.
“The key is not spending time, but in investing it.”
Must Read: Study Time Management to Get Better Results
Importance of time management.
Have you ever thoughts, why successful people always talk about time management? Why they give so much importance to this particular skill? Let me explain this with an example of a famous personality. Bill Gates.
Bill Gates, the richest person of the world, has rightly said: “You can buy everything with money you want, but you cannot buy more time.”
With this, in his mind, he schedules his days making sure each moment is used well.
“Leave it for later is not a phrase you will find in Bill Gates’ vocabulary”
Bill Gates and most other successful people make sure their time is being well used.
According to an article by the Telegraph, Gates breaks down tasks in small chunks to get them accomplished on time.
This may work for him. How about you? Do you just do whatever comes to you off the top of your head or is your time scheduled? Do you leave everything for later or do you take care of the fleeting time you have on this earth?
Time management is “Long term thinking Invest your time”
Must Read: Practical Tips for Students to Be Successful
Why is time management important for students?
- Time management shapes students’ mind into the direction of discipline and sense of duty.
- Time management is a skill that enables students to use their time productively and efficiently.
- Time management helps students to do the study with more focus and attention.
- It helps in completing assignments and projects on time.
- Through time management you can eliminate the pressure that comes from feeling like you don’t have enough time.
- Time management is the key to success.
- It helps to prevent putting things off. Putting things off is theft of time and success.
- Valuing time helps students to become more productive and more efficient.
Tips for managing time?
Lack of time management produces failure. When you lack time management skill you become very lazy to inspire yourself to do or take the necessary steps into what to do at a particular time.
Here are some tips which can help you:
- Take a study break after every 50 minutes or after an hour. Research shows that when you do a task in small parts you become more productive.
- If you feel demotivated set a timer for 3 minutes and tell yourself that you just need to focus 3 minutes. Possibilities are that this can generate interest in the subject.
- Keep a time log. If you feel as if you have been unproductive these days, then just make a journal about each and every minute keep a record of your activities, you might come to know the reason of your unproductivity.
- Schedule tasks according to priorities and do not forget to include unscheduled time in your day.
- If you don’t understand a concept, speak to your teacher this will help you in saving a lot of time in the long run.
- Keep an ongoing list of every single thing you have to do.
- Be realistic about your goal.
- Put a clock on your study table. This will help you in a number of ways.
- Keep away your mobile phone.
- Create a study plan.
Must Read: How to Deal with Exam Result Tension?
Anyone who wastes his time has wasted his destiny. Keeping this in mind utilize each moment very efficiently.
In the years of education, time management is one of the most important things so that you can be successful in your career and ultimately in your life.
Always remember, each and every day you are granted with good news and bad news. The bad news is that time flies and the good news is that you are the pilot. Keeping this in mind, schedule your time and make sure you utilize your time well.